Anne Bell, Director of Conservation and Education, Ontario Nature would like to make our Club aware of the timing and location of the hearing regarding the stop work order to protect piping plover habitat at Sauble Beach.
This hearing will be taking place next week, October 22 – 24 in Owen Sound at the Quality Inn.
Ecojustice will be intervening on behalf of Ontario Nature and Environmental Defence to uphold the stop work order.
This hearing is open to the public. Members of the Owen Sound Field Naturalists are invited to attend. Additional details for anyone wishing to attend:
- the hearing will take place in the Chats Room at the Quality Inn in Owen Sound (Quality Inn Owen Sound – 950 6th Street East, Owen Sound ON)
- the hearing begins at 8:30 am on Monday morning
- the room is not huge and public seating will be first come first served, so good to arrive as early as possible
- no cheering or booing or chewing gum
- cell phones off
- everyone must be respectful
- the hearing officer has a broad power to evict unruly spectators